Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weaving Part I

Below is a table I created to organize some of my data. I identified several dangers to collections, and how each may endanger different materials.



I am also charting changes in temperature and humidity in my apartment. I had a busy week last week, and will be tracking all of this week. I am recording morning and evening temperature and humidity levels (around 9am and 9pm) to chart fluctuation. I will share this data as it becomes available.


Additionally, I have finished reviewing the articles/sources that I found and begun to compare them. There is a lot of crossover data. I also continue to monitor practices discussed at the US Militaria Forum. New information includes collectors attempting to remove wrinkles from old uniforms by using a small steamer and carefully working the wrinkles out one-by-one--ironing is not recommended due to the high and uncontrollable heat. Also, storage of anything in plastic bags (particularly space saver vacuum plastic bags) is not recommended. Plastic bags are unstable chemically and do not allow air to circulate and the items to "breathe." Interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment